Re: Bomb the...

---------

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 10:32:39 PDT

First of all, this in an educational site and I do not appreciate the
language used in the subject. We are now stuck with your venom in our
archives.

I agree with Maggie. I am thankful that our government is responding with
wisdom and care, not blind anger. It isnt fun for me to support
Republicans either, but I am. I am proud that we are not lowering
ourselves to the level of those who kill randomly.

I am also refuse to demonize those women and children we see cheering on
television. We have no idea what they have been taught about the US. They
do not have the freedom of information that we have. The best we can do is
act honorably and accurately and support our men & women in the services &
their families the best we can.

The attitudes expressed in that post and a response to it illustrate what
I am afraid will be expressed to my Saudi-American students who are just
as American as I am, and just as upset as I am.

We also need to remember all those Afghan women who are being so terribly
oppressed by the Taliban (most of whom are not indigenous Afghans. Nothing
will be served by our killing those innocent women but to perpetuate the
misery.

Betty

---