Re: Bomb the shit out of those bastards

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 10:24:49 PDT

This hateful and shortsighted message really bothers me.

According to interviews recorded over the last few weeks of Tali ban
officials, the September 11 attack on the US was retaliation for our
ruthless missile attacks on Afghanistan three years ago. Those missile
attacks were in retaliation for the embassy bombings. The embassy
bombings were in retaliation for............ DEAR GOD WHEN DOES THIS
END?

Who will have the grace, civility, and good old common sense to stop
the awful killing of innocent people?

I watch those gruesome TV images of NY and Washington, and feel tears
of anger and fear and disgust. Certainly my pacifism is being tested.
This is painful. There are thousands of people dead, and many many more
thousands of people hurting. Our world will never be the same, because
of these terrible acts.

However, I suggest you temper your anger. To "bomb the shit out of
those bastards" would make us just as despicable and cowardly as they
are. Being smart and strong will gain more than lashing out in a
careless way. Lets find out who is actually responsible, carefully
consider what to do to bring them to justice, then act with strength,
grace and intelligence. Two or three or fourteen wrongs will never make
a right.

Peace,

Mark