Re: this infamous day

---------

From: Joy McGugan (mizjmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 18:00:02 PDT

Michelle,
Students in my first period asked if we could please talk about it. We were not allowed to watch the TV yesterday at school and some were upset about that. I had taken in newspapers and Internet photos. We talked about feeling angry, sad, helpless, etc. (had one student who was tired of hearing about it - how sad). We also talked about not hating groups in general. When we talked about the possible 800 dead at the Pentagon and realized that was equal to our school population, I think it made a point with them. Then we created drawings which they spent a lot of time on. Some were very touching, some I couldn't hang up in the halls ("kill the b******!"). It was not an ordinary day and I wasn't going to do my ordinary lesson.

Joy