Re: (no subject)

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 21:06:41 PDT

What is your point here? Americans are good and everybody else is scum?
I think this editorial is fairly old..I don't think Mr. Sinclair is still with us.
  I know lots of incidences where Canadians have helped Americans in
disasters..the 2 countries help each other regularly.
  As I write, Canadian airports are full of Americans who can't get home from international flights because
the US airports are closed. Canadian people have welcomed them into their own homes when hotel space ran out.
The local Red Cross offices have been inundated with offers of help...offerred to give up their holidays to go to NY and help out,
offerred to feed and clothe stranded Americans, even offerred to look after pets that are stranded on the international flights.
   Ask the families of Flight 111 , that crashed off Nova Scotia, whether Canadians cared or helped.
  Our school had a commemorative silence today, and all major networks are covering the tragedy full-time. I heard NO-ONE gloating.
 Please do not use one of my respected fellow Canadians to put down my country or anyone else's, especially in a hate-spreading chain letter. Or at least spread your hate off the Art teachers (international) list.

    W Manning