Re: suspicious email...spam advice needed

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 19:06:16 PDT

Speaking of suspicious e-mail...
   I have been getting spammed with up to 500 messages a day..all the same
message containing an attatchment and a brief message asking for "advice".
I put a block on the sender..it changes the address slightly and comes
again. Also, even when blocked it goes into the trash and fills up the
mailbox, and takes forever to delete.
I contacted the abuse dapt. of the sender's ISP (prodigy.net) and was told
(computer response) that I needed to send them the whole internet header.to
copy and paste. Well, it WON't copy and paste..it's in a little box by
itself. It's also very long and complicated gobbledy-gook and would take
hours to copy and proofread.
Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I haven't opened the
attatchment or replied to the message..In the evening the messages arrive
one per minute. The address ends with mx (Mexico?).
Thanks in advance
  Wendy