Re: Peace

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:27:15 PDT

I see some of you have responded with doing art as an
expression for the terrible tragedy. I have asked 2 of my
classes to write in their art journals about where they
were when they first heard about the WTC and to write
about how they felt. I also asked them to think of a
response piece to be made in any media - in response to
terrorism. I think I am going to have my sculpture
classes make memorial pieces. I believe last year we had
someone post a link on art as memorial.I am going to look
at that again.

I had put up a bulletin board with a peace theme - and
asked the kids to put something up aboutwhat peace meant
to them. This was one of last week's assignments. It
means quite a bit more to me today than last week.

Keep safe all!

~^~
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Visit our High School art Page: http://members.home.net/artzheart