Re: today's catastrophe-what we did

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:40:20 PDT

Today, Weds, I had my students make cards for the policemen and firemen
who worked so selflessly and are still are. The students worked
eagerly. We talked about the roles of policemen and firemen in our
community, how women and men can grow up and be either, and even be
president of the US. They drew pictures
and wrote messages of encouragement. In some classes at the end, we
talked about memorials, monuments, and how an artist will probably be
commissioned to design a monument to remember this day and what an honor
this would be.
If anyone in New your City can give me an address for a fire station or
police station, I'd appreciate it. Betsy

DKoen8@aol.com wrote:

> What are you doing with grade school kids in light of today's
> catastrophe ---
> leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---