prayers

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 12:33:35 PDT

I appreciate Kathy's gratitude for others' prayers, but I must respectfully
disagree that children in American schools are not allowed to pray. Anyone
can pray anytime, anywhere. Groups of students may voluntarily get together
to pray. Groups may meet for religious purposes. What cannot happen is for a
school person to lead them or to cause a captive audience to be exposed to
one religious point of view. If I want to pray to my God I can do it quietly
and without show and offend no one. So can our students. Linda in NC

---