Re: this infamous day

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 12:22:19 PDT

Ann Carolan wrote:

> Dear Kathy in Kalamazoo,
> What do you suppose Khadafy said to his people when we sent missiles?
> What did the Japanese say when we dropped the nukes on innocent children
> and women?

Ann,

You bring up an important point that seems to escape most
Americans--people in other countries have suffered, and suffer now,
atrocities equally appalling. Perhaps not on such a scale as yesterday,
but often on a daily basis for weeks, months, or even years. It was
probably a matter of time before we, too, became victims and not just
perpetrators (and by this I include the behind-the-scenes meddling in
other countries' affairs, which allowed governments backed by us to
commit crimes against their own people).

I'm so afraid that this incident will only increase ignorant people's
knee-jerk distrust or hatred of all Arabs or Muslims. Not all Muslims
are Arabs, and not all Arabs are Muslim.

Maggie

---