Re: Today's events - A world prayer fest is needed

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:17:47 PDT

Dear Jill,
This matter should be handled with calm and determination to work harder
towards modeling, practicing and teaching peaceful solutions to problems.
Your principal was over reacting and causing panic. Our principals handled
it well calmly with concern but with rationality using the guidelines that
someone sent today for children. If we panic and encourage emotional out
of control reponses, we lay the groundwork for irrational behavior, which
is the kind of thing mobs are made of.

Think and make peace and you will reap what you sow. Have we carefully
examined our own conscience as a nation. Do we condone random bombing of
innocent people?
as we did in Hiroshima? and what about the civilians we killed in the
bombing strikes against Iraq/

Certainly we must never condone violence, in any form, but let's not start
WWIII over it or nothing at all will remain of our righteous anger, our
people, or our mother earth.
ann carolan

---