Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: September 11, 2001

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:07:03 PDT

We are writing letters of condolence to the Fire dept, police department,
Major Guiliano, and sending some through the Red Cross for the families of
those who have had loss. Expressing grief through these kinds of letters,
brings us in solidarity with the human family and helps us to understand
we are one, inter-connected family of man. No man is an island; we are all
affected and disaffected by what has happened. Only when we all feel this
and understand this will there be an end to violence, poverty, and

My students letters are so touching, and give me such hope for the future.

Ann Carolan