Re: recipe:playdoh

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:09:21 PDT

Here is the recipe I used for my preschool kids...
Ironically I am making it for my kinders today, so the
recipe is sitting right here...

Cherry Playdough:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 T cream of tartar
2 pkgs unsweetened Kool-aid
3 T cooking oil
2 cups boiling water

Mix dry ingredients. Add the oil and boiling water.
Stir quickly, mixing well. When cool, knead.
Store in airtight container.
Tips: The Kool-aid adds a neat scent, but sometimes the
colors are not what you would expect.
I have taken to substituting food coloring (add it to the water
before stirring it into the flour mixture, same for Kool-aid ~
much easier to mix) and using the Kool-aid additive for special times.

In a message dated 09/12/01 7:28:54 Central Daylight Time, vranck@excite.com
writes:

> I know someone out there has a recipe for playdoh, can you post it please? i
> have a 6th grade child that desparately wants to make some.
> thanks

---