Re: recipe:playdoh

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 05:52:44 PDT

Here's a recipe that MaryAnn Kohl sent to the list. Maybe it will help.
Judy

Summarized with permission from Mudworks book, by MaryAnn F. Kohl, Bright
Ring Publishing

CINNAMON DOUGH
Mix 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, and 5 teaspoons of cinnamon in a bowl.
Pour 3/4 to 1 cup warm water into a well in the center. Mix with hands until
dough forms a ball.
More flour or water may be added as needed.
Knead on floured board until smooth and satiny, about 5 minutes.
Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
Use like any clay...excellent for cookie cutter ornaments rolled 3/4" thick,
or hand model.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour until hard.

These ornaments can be sandpapered and even varnished.

jnagel@saxarts.com