Hear is an easy Peace lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 20:28:42 PDT

Thank you Roberta for reminding me of the Peace Dove...here is a lesson
that gives the children an opportunity to write about what has happened --
and make something "arty" too.

http://members.aol.com/Sabetour/Dovecraft.html

My 6th grade students made these last year (for the dedication ceremony of
our Peace Pole) and were able to finish them in one class period.

I will see how my students feel tomorrow -- We may make the Peace doves to
express our feelings if needed. Writing does help... I have been able to
work through some of my own feelings tonight just by "talking" with you
folks -- so many of you in NY and PA are like family to me.... I thought of
you often today.

Judy Decker

---