Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Hear is an easy Peace lesson

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 20:28:42 PDT

Thank you Roberta for reminding me of the Peace is a lesson
that gives the children an opportunity to write about what has happened --
and make something "arty" too.

My 6th grade students made these last year (for the dedication ceremony of
our Peace Pole) and were able to finish them in one class period.

I will see how my students feel tomorrow -- We may make the Peace doves to
express our feelings if needed. Writing does help... I have been able to
work through some of my own feelings tonight just by "talking" with you
folks -- so many of you in NY and PA are like family to me.... I thought of
you often today.

Judy Decker