Re: this infamous day

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 19:58:38 PDT

Hi, Everyone,

Today I stayed home because I am down with the first-of-the-year crud that is
going around. When I turned on the TV at about 9:00, the ache in my heart and
soul far outweighed anything that I had been feeling earlier.

Judy, thank you for your wise words. Tracey, thanks to our friends around the
world who truly are our brothers and sisters.

My sister-in-law came home from work. She said fellow co-workers kept her
department posted of what was going on because they had no direct means of
communication. She said it was as if it was happening to someone else or
somewhere else getting news secondhand, until she listened and saw it with her
own eyes and ears sitting in her own livingroom. Then, as she was retrieving
her answering machine messages, she heard this in borken English from her friend
who leaves in East Germany.

"Dear Friends, my heart, it is broken for you and your country. I will say my
many prayers." Her friend was sobbing and so was my sister-in-law.

> My thoughts are with all of those who have been directly affected by
> the tragedies and horrors of this day. You remain in my thoughts and
> prayers.Please let those of us on the list know if there is any way we can
> help. In a sense, all of us are affected in some way and we can only hope
> that it brings us to our senses and we realize how fortunate we are and how
> (in Judy's words) complacent we have become. I can only hope that eventually
> some good will come of it.
> Thanks to Tracey and the people of her country for their thoughts
> and to Judy for her wise words. Peace to all. Linda in NC

Ditto,

Sandy

---