Re: this infamous day

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 18:07:29 PDT

pgstephens wrote:

> Our school has a very large Middle
> Eastern population. Our fear as teachers is that these innocent
> children will be victimized for their ethnicity.

This is a serious concern. We should all talk to our students about
not giving blanket blame to any group. We have a history of doing
that so often in the past. It is so frustrating not having a clear
enemy to strike out at. Hopefully we will have time to consider
a clear course of action. Our president has his hands full. This is a
test no one should have to bear. Let us hope he finds the wisdom
to guide us well. For those of you with friends or relatives in New
York or Washington, I hope they are safe and at home with their
families.

                Please take time to hug those close to you, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com