Today's events

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 17:26:58 PDT

I just read the notes from all of you for prayer
and I'm thinking how odd of me, a nonbeliever to think of prayer first, it's
all I've thought about since early this morning.
I'm in PA, many students have parents that work in NY. Cell phones weren't
working, internet wasn't working we only had each other to hold and hug and
wait for word. And All I could do was picture what was going on in the
midst of the disasters.
I have gotten all kinds of notes from all kinds of people this day and all
were about care for each other and that's what we have to keep each other
through this extraordinary event.

The prayers and thoughts offered through this list to those of you in the
midst of it, are powerful. I don't know how else we will get through this.

We will have a lot of emotional stuff to get through in the next few days.
We will have many questions that we can't answer. It took all of my power
today to hide my anger, to hide my tears. Today, I felt closer to these
strangers that I have only had for a few days than I could ever imagine.

Some of my seniors asked "what can we do to help?"
I don't know, all I could think was donating blood. We should all think
about that.

I live not far from a Naval Air base, I hear airplanes in the sky.

It is the most surreal feeling today. The news reports keep getting more
graphic in description. We have big jobs tomorrow helping our young ones
try to understand what we can't understand.

God bless all
the hole in our hearts will never be quite filled.

Patty

---