RE: this infamous day

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 17:13:50 PDT

My thoughts and prayers to all - I can remember seeing the New York skyline
from my town in New Jersey... and I haven't been back since '76.

Today was to be a typical day... too many things to do, our open house (my
husband and I teach in the same school), our son's high school open house,
soccer practice etc.... Everything was canceled except our open house. I am
glad we had it. The last of my families just left. I needed to have it
probably as much as my kids.

As I tell my three boys as they are taunting each other - you can't control
any one else's actions - only your reaction. I told them the same tonight.
The greatest variable for all is fear. Long lines at the gas stations and
gas up to $3 a gallon. School is the one constant your kids may have.

Take care,
Ellen

---