Re: Today's events - A world prayer fest is needed

---------

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 16:17:41 PDT

As I've watched this day unfold, the thought that kept running through my
head was, "How dare they use innocent people and turn them into a weapon of
mass destruction in order to kill more innocent people?" If we can't
understand what has happened, our kids are even more at a loss.
Our principal woudl not let us share with our classes today. (I had already
shared with my fifth graders as they came in as the news was breaking and we
all watched stunned.) All I wanted to do was go home. I know we should be as
normal as possible tomorrow, but my heart will be with those who were lost
and injured today, as will everyone else's.
I pray that we find a way to get through this terrible time and focus on
helping each other. It will be difficult - I know I would love to push the
button that would take out the one responsible - but it is necessary for us
to pull together now. How wonderful that the world has reached out to us.
Thank you Tracey and Michelle for keeping us in your prayers. I hope that
those responsible will be brought to justice - not revenge, no matter how
badly that thought burns.
My thoughts and prayers will also be with all of you as we try to help our
kids make sense of a sensless, cowardly act.
Good luck to us all!
Saly^.^

> I pray that our government makes the right decisions.... I pray for all of
> those who have lost friends and loved ones. I pray for all who were
> injured -- for the children who have lost their parents. I can not imagine
> the horror for you teachers in the New York area.

---