Re: artsednet digest: September 10, 2001

---------

From: Rodney and Barbara Boville (rboville_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 15:30:02 PDT

Regarding the fish prints...
I have successfully used newsprint paper for printing. And I have only used
real fish. I just push cotton in each orrifice, if you get the drift and pop
them in the freezer between classes I have also just cooled them off in the
freezer again. I have used india ink on newsprint, also watercolor and the
tempra blocks. I have had the kids make their "chop" out of a piece of
styrofoam and that is generally printed with red acrylic. Fortunately, I
live by a great lake, so if I am not given a fish, I just call the fish
market and make sure they the leave the fish "ala natural", insides, head
and scales intact!

---