Re: this infamous day

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 12:07:45 PDT

Linda and Judy and all our ArtsEdNet family,

There are no words for describing this dark day! We have so much on
our shoulders when we support our students. Many of my students have
parents who work at the WTC towers or in office buildings in the
surrounding area.

I am sitting at my TV watching the young children who are celebrating
the destruction of the US chanting that their god is good.

I am remembering hearing my 1st grade classmates singing and
celebrating Hitler's death:
"A tiskit, a tasket.
Hitler 's in his casket.
Mussolini, that big fat weenie
Ought to be there too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How do we explain war and terrorism to our students? This crazy
behavior of humans toward humans? Children are so easily manipulated.
We need to be so careful how we guide them so that we don't increase
the hate.

I am so thankful that we have each other for support.

Sharon from NJ

>From: "Fields, Linda" <fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us>
>Subject: this infamous day
>Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2001, 2:31 PM

> Dear Friends,
> My thoughts are with all of those who have been directly affected by
> the tragedies and horrors of this day. You remain in my thoughts and
> prayers.Please let those of us on the list know if there is any way we can
> help. In a sense, all of us are affected in some way

---