Re: [ArtsEducators] music and art

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 06:09:38 PDT

Check out Tim Hawkinson's music making sculpture called Uberorgan. It's
installed at MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, North
Adams) It's a massive musical instrument which is a cross between a
bagpipe, a pipe organ and a player piano. I don't know how you'd use
this in a classroom, but I find it very interesting how this sculpture
shows that music or organized sound can be one of many parts of the
whole experience of making and viewing art.

www.massmoca.org

Mark