Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [ArtsEducators] music and art

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 06:09:38 PDT

Check out Tim Hawkinson's music making sculpture called Uberorgan. It's
installed at MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, North
Adams) It's a massive musical instrument which is a cross between a
bagpipe, a pipe organ and a player piano. I don't know how you'd use
this in a classroom, but I find it very interesting how this sculpture
shows that music or organized sound can be one of many parts of the
whole experience of making and viewing art.

Do You Yahoo!?