Re: Another gyotaku question

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 20:27:36 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>Thanks for all the suggestions. I do have one more question though; what
>kind of paper would you recommend if rice paper or butcher paper isn't
>readily available? I probably will be using the paper my host teacher has in
>her storage room. Would regular white drawing paper work? Or is that too
>inflexible?

what we have as regular white drawing paper would be too inflexible, but maybe
you could soak it first, like intaglio paper is soaked. you don't want it
sopping, but maybe if you got the top of a big stack wet and let it sit under
weights until the moisture got pretty well distributed, it would get soft
enough.

---