Re: Another gyotaku question

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 17:56:40 PDT

AH,

Regular white drawing paper won't mold around the fish very well. I
used a thinner white newsprint type paper. Wish I knew specifically
what kind it was, but it was a leftover from the previous art teacher.

Regular newsprint paper should work, as will tissue paper and some
wrapping paper.

By the way, none of my students offered to swat anyone else with a
fish. Thank heavens! That one made me crack up! Also, I didn't loose
any tails. My lucky day!

I love the real fish recipe and will have to try it. What a hoot for
the kids!

Sandy

Hodnettac@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the suggestions. I do have one more question though;
> what
> kind of paper would you recommend if rice paper or butcher paper isn't
>
> readily available? I probably will be using the paper my host teacher
> has in
> her storage room. Would regular white drawing paper work? Or is that
> too
> inflexible?
>
> AH ---
> leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu