Re: old oil pastels

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 15:53:35 PDT

Susan,

I did'nt have my elementary kids smash them, but around Halloween last year, I
had them dip them into white tempera paint and draw on colored construction
paper. They were to try and create the scary faces. They looked so colorful! I
used "The Scream" to help introduce portraits that show feelings. A popular
lesson and results were great.

Susan Holland wrote:

> I'm sure some of you have a great idea for my big bag of ends and bits of oil
> pastels!

---