Re: Must Buy Sax Paint for School! your thoughts?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 13:10:22 PDT

I don't remember why, but I remember way back a hundred years ago in art
school being told that yellow is the most difficult color to produce. Any
body know?
I always buy the highest quality yellow. My favorite paint is Naples Yellow
and the "off brands" don't even make it.
Also, I find that yellow ochre in budget brands is really ugly.

Patty

> I have found the Sax brand acrylic paints to be of equal quality to
> Chromacryl, except for the yellow. Have also had good luck with the
> tempera...except yellow. I think yellows are hard to do and I have found in
> less expensive paints (not just Sax but other brands as well) that the
> yellows tend to be thin and a little greenish...and never cover as well as a
> higher quality paint.

---