Rosenquist question

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 11:54:52 PDT

I am researching James Rosenquist's "President Elect" and have
discovered that the image is made from oil on fiberboard. Although I
saw this piece at the Centre Georges Pompidou a year or so ago, I don't
remember it looking as if it were on something other than canvas. My
question:

Do any of you know exactly what fiberboard in this instance might mean?
I am thinking masonite or something similar, but cannot find conclusive
evidence.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer to this mystery.

Pam

---