Re: new integrated elementary curriculum

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 08:34:11 PDT

Hi Robin--I would try to go along with the integrated curriculum. I
realize that you're the one that has to bend, but you can still work in
all the art principles as you do projects that relate to various classes.
I think it could be fun to work with other teachers--of course, some will
bemore fun than others!!! If what you wanted to teach was value, do it
with the diagrams of the disected frog--teach watercolor techniques wet on
wet of the pilgrims' ships coming across the ocean etc.
The subject matter is chosen for you,but the media and techniques are in
your court. Don't go and complain to the principal. Try it for a couple
of months--you might like it. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #