Re: Planning time/union

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 08:25:07 PDT

Perhaps the union at the state level could become involved and give
support and advice.

----------
>From: Jean Gallagher <jeanalice2@wyan.org>
>Subject: Re: Planning time/union
>Date: Sun, Sep 9, 2001, 11:42 AM

> administration (lumping 5 and 10 min. here and there to a total). I am a
union member, have attended meetings etc. The main problem is our
district is small, only 5 art teachers, 3 elementary, 1 middle school,
1 high school. You know you have no power, when a principal looks you
right in the face and states "you know art is used so the homeroom
teachers have prep time" .
> My point was, that if the unions and/or the NAEA as the representative
> of the large membership of art teachers were to suggest guidlelines maybe it
might have some impact.
> Thanks for any suggestions, this site is a wonderful place to find
> soulmates who understand our dilemas.
> Jean in Michigan

---