Re: Planning time/union

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 08:42:01 PDT

(lumping 5 and 10 min. here and there to a total). I am a union member, have
attended meetings etc. The main problem is our district is small, only 5 art
teachers, 3 elementary, 1 middle school, 1 high school. You know you have no
power, when a principal looks you right in the face and states "you know art is
used so the homeroom teachers have prep time" .
     My point was, that if the unions and/or the NAEA as the representative of the
large membership of art teachers were to suggest guidlelines maybe it might have
some impact.
     Thanks for any suggestions, this site is a wonderful place to find soulmates
who understand our dilemas.
Jean in Michigan

---