Sand Carving Blocks

---------

From: Chandra (chandra_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 06:52:00 PDT

Hi, I ordered a lot of sand carving blocks from Nasco. They're big and
heavy, and about the size of two bricks put together. Has anyone ever used
these? They were supposed to carve with simple tools, but they're pretty
tough to carve...no butter knives. I should've tried them before ordering
a bunch, but let me know if you have ideas. Thanks, chandra. ps... I
teach k-8 and have no tools for carving except xacto type knives, lino
cutters, and whatever I might find lying around. Certainly no "sculpture"
tools. Thanks.

---