Re: new integrated elementary curriculum

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 06:34:46 PDT

If your state tests for Art (in OK students are tested at 5th and 8th grade on elements and principles of Art as well as their "academic" subjects) then you are ok because you do have a curriculum for which you are responsible. Good Luck whatever occurs. Linda White

  My question for other art teachers out there is how might I approach my new
  administrator to explain how difficult this makes my job as an art teacher? I
  feel like I have to put the curriculum I was planning (when I thought my
  students would be having art twice a week with me) aside and wait for the
  classroom teacher to give me something to grab onto ... then scramble to put
  together, as best I can and very quickly, an integrated art lesson plan, week
  to week. I believe the idea and practice of an integrated curriculum is
  excellent, but on such short notice, with no planning, it feels so
  unprofessional. Is there any other way I might approach this new change?
  Robin ---

---