Help

---------

From: The Colliers (atla_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 03:57:19 PDT

Hello all,

while we were all going through withdrawal, I asked Judy to post this to
the list she had going. Thanks!!!!!

For the rest of you, I need some extra perspective for this:

Many of you may be aware that we sit with a huge problem of illiteracy
in South Africa. There are many Adult Learning centres operating but
they have a huge problem with text books and learning material. Most of
what is available is either aimed at kids or are unsuitable for ESL
students (English second language)

The Dept of Education has approached me to put together a booklet for
the Arts and Culture Department. What they need is something that
defines the six disciplines and gives a historical background for each.
the diciplines are as follows
Visual Art
Drama
Music
Dance
Mass media
Art technology

I want to make sure I present not only my own subjective view, but
integrate as much as i can from other view points.

If any of you have a strong view on how you would like to see something
like this presented, please get in contact me me directly. Remember that

this is for adults who have very little exposure to the srts. How this
is presented to them will determine how they view the arts in the
future. For many it will be the first time that they will be introduced
to the formal concept of Arts and Culture.

Imagine my horror when I set up my computer after being off line for a
couple of weeks and finding that there are no Digests waiting for me to
browse through!

Thanks ever so much to all the good folk who sent me links and info on
Lisa Lou. My daughter is approaching her final year of a Visual Arts
degree and is exploring a couple of possibilities for her final year
project. As we have a very strong culture and history of bead working in

South Africa this is top of her list at the moment. She wants to do
something that crosses cultural and ethnic barriers so bead sculpture
would be an ideal medium.

Thank you all for your help

tracey in Durban, South Africa

(this may all seem a bit scrambled, but it is a compilation of what I
sent to Judy)

Anyone want to see what I spend 99% of my time on?
http://www.sizanacraft.co.za

---