Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Learning about the Holocaust through Art

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 18:09:41 PDT

15. Learning about the Holocaust through Art

The heart of this site is the explore section, which contains art works
produced during the Holocaust. Each artist is profiled in a biography,
internal links provide more information on camps and related artists.
Learn section contains a teachers' guide, activities for students at
different levels, and study resources, including a bibliography,
Webliography, and essay on camps in France. The third section of the
Interact, allows users who register (which is free) to make their own
annotated collection culled from the works on-site. (Note that we did
some trouble accessing this function when we logged on.) A joint
of World ORT, an educational nonprofit, and Beit Lohamei Haghetaot, a
Holocaust museum in Israel, the site is available in English and Hebrew,
with plans for a Russian and Spanish version in the future. [TK]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2001.

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN