Learning about the Holocaust through Art

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 18:09:41 PDT

15. Learning about the Holocaust through Art
http://art.holocaust-education.net/

The heart of this site is the explore section, which contains art works
produced during the Holocaust. Each artist is profiled in a biography,
and
internal links provide more information on camps and related artists.
The
Learn section contains a teachers' guide, activities for students at
different levels, and study resources, including a bibliography,
Webliography, and essay on camps in France. The third section of the
site,
Interact, allows users who register (which is free) to make their own
annotated collection culled from the works on-site. (Note that we did
have
some trouble accessing this function when we logged on.) A joint
production
of World ORT, an educational nonprofit, and Beit Lohamei Haghetaot, a
major
Holocaust museum in Israel, the site is available in English and Hebrew,
with plans for a Russian and Spanish version in the future. [TK]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2001.
http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist