"Talking Walls" Social Studies curriculum

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 10:49:24 PDT

Here is a great opportunity for you to "hook up" with your social studies
teacher. One of our seventh grade teachers is presenting "Talking Walls" to
her students. She has asked me for prints to go along with her units.
Together we will develop a set using my printer at school.

Here is a brief explanatin:

>"Talking Walls".... the idea that every culture has walls that
>communicate information about the people of that culture.

>Aborigine wall art
>Western Wall
>Mahabalipuram's Animal Walls of India
>Muslim walls (record of journey to Mecca)
>Great Zimbabwe
>Taos Pueblo
>murals of Diego Rivera
>Vietnam Veteran's Memorial
>Berlin Wall

I have added a link to Talking Walls from in Curriculum Resources page.
http://www.edmark.com/talkingwalls/

I have added Aboriginal rock art links to my page on Art of Australia:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/austral.htm

Viet Nam Memorial is on:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/vietnam.htm

Lascaux Cave art (part of the curriculum - although she didn't list that
one):
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/lascaux.htm

I will be adding more links to my site as the year goes on....I decided
this would be a graet "Professional Development Target" ...and one that
will be fun to do, too (fits perfectly into our district/building goals,
too).

Please forward any links you have for the other "Talking Walls" listed
above. Eventually, I will add a separate page to my site for her students.

Thanks...and have a SUPER Saturday!

Judy Decker

---