Wearable Art/ Pajama Day

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 09:27:27 PDT

Howdy fellow artsednetters,
Jayna gave me the great idea of having my National Art Honor Society
students create art to wear on the day of our NAHS Iniation and come dressed
that night to the Induction ceremony. I had thought about letting each one
illustrate a different element or principle of design and then I thought
about famous artists. But then- aghhhh- something has interferred with my
fun plans!

Here's the problem: Spirit Week has been moved to the week of our Induction
ceremony and the day of our initiation is Pajama Day. (Which is Tuesday
after next- 9/18- so I need help quick to convey it to the kids). Neither
the date of the PJ Day or Induction can be switched. Now, everyone will be
dressed funny and my students won't stand out unless.... you can help me
think of a funny way to incorporate art into Pajama Day. I'm thinking of
"What an artist dreams" as a theme but I'm clueless about what they make and
how they display it so it make sense. I need y'all to help me creatively
brainstorm this. Whatever these 30 students do that day should reflect PJ
day but stand out as something different.

Michelle H. Harrell
http://harrell.srhs.net
michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com
Southeast Raleigh High School