Re: Brayers - Printmaking

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 19:53:42 PDT

Hi Everyone

I arrived back in Moscow in August, re-subscribed to the list, received
about 5 messages . . . and then nothing for a looooooong time. Your
messages are again arriving on my doorstep and life is good.

Re: brayers and inking. As usual, because of time zones the responses are
there before I get a chance to reply. Vivian mentioned too much ink and
that was my thought as well. Maggie mentioned confining the ink to a small
area. I use styrofoam meat trays, taped to the desks, for this reason. It
works great and makes for an easy clean-up -- toss 'em in the garbage.

Maggie also wrote:
>Once it begins to make the "kiss" it is the proper consistency for rolling
>on the block.

I've always referred to this as the "tack," but I like your description
better!

Have a great year everyone.
Cheryl

---