Re: parade float

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 18:35:46 PDT

In a message dated 9/7/01 6:45:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Nnaell@aol.com
writes:

> Any one here have experience making a small parade float? I have an
> idea...but anyone with experience...I willing to take all and throw it in
> the
> mix!

I have experience, as a parent of a high schooler, for the last four years.
Every year each class would make a float for the Homecoming parade. Some of
my daughter's classmates would come to my house, with and without the class
advisor, every year to make it.

The rules were strict: a wooden trailer, chicken wire, tissue paper pomps,
nothing else visable. THere is always a theme. We'd start with a flat,
wooden trailer and wrap the top and go around the bottom with chicken wire to
make a skirt. THen we'd build a giant armature out of chicken wire and the
kids made millions of tissue flowers to fill up the chicken wire. Last year
our float won, but the year before's was even better. ( for some unknown
reason, we came in second...) We've made Caspar the Friendly Ghost
(cartoons), the Titanic (movies), Cookie Monster (Sesame Street) and (candy)
the Valentine candies that say Be Mine etc. (I forget what they're called...)

The class advisor called and left a message just to say hi, because this is
the 1st year we're FREE! Hope the info helps. Good luck...

Holly :0)

---