Re: parade float

---------

From: Joy McGugan (mizjmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 13:48:05 PDT

We are in a small town which has a Christmas parade. The chamber of commerce pays groups (schools and churches) to make floats. We use farm trailers and lots of bulletin board paper for the skirt. Corrugated cardboard for whatever is going on top (large gingerbread houses, gates to toyland, etc.). Last year was the "gate" but it was top-heavy and the top half fell off before we made it to the street! Then another group's driver didn't show up so all their kids rode with ours and you couldn't really see the float anyway. Needless to say, we didn't win a prize.

Joy