Re: Jr. High advice needed

---------

From: evningstarz (evningstarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 08:31:42 PDT

I solved this problem simply by having them do joint projects. Sixth graders are still very easy going but come 7th and 8th grades, I found the "click" thing or need for groups and to belong was extremely, extremely strong>
I used it to my advantage. Seventh graders love to pass notes, have secrets and be in clicks. Eigth graders seek independence. Do joint projects for seventh grade that require cooperative effort...murals, stained glass etc...they'll fill your WALLS!!.
Yvette