Re: Drawing

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 09:23:53 PDT

"... once they have this i have them draw the iris; i get
into how it is only a full circle if the person is either
scared or surprised."

Hi Vicki!

I'm sorry - but I had to respond here - as I am a mutant
- you can see the full circle of my iris - so either I am
always scared or surprised or both - or my conclusion - a
mutant;p I have come across other mutants such as myself.
We are not in the majority, but I use this to teach my
students to look at details such as this when they are
drawing.

If you can find some portraits done by NALL - he
emphasizes the eyes by drawing them in color, and the
rest of the facial features are in gray scale. This could
be a neat drawing assignment when working with the
portrait.

~^~
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Visit our High School art Page: http://members.home.net/artzheart