Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:35:26 PDT

I had the pleasure of meeting the artist, Nall, this
evening at a reception of artists from Alabama at the
Mattie Kelly Art Foundation in Destin, Fl. The work was
quite fascinating - incorporation of mosaics, eggshells,
drawing, and painting portraits. I spend my teacher bonus
and bought his book on symbols - but I can see it will be
a valuable asset to me and my classroom - so it was worth

He is pretty well known, but I had not heard of him until
this event. He was a disciple of Dali, and there is a
whole NALL foundation.

Here are some links:

I had a hard time finding images of the work that was
exhibted tonight - but it was fantastic! A surreal
mixture of realism and media.

I hope to have my links on my art class web page soon.
I have a section on the "art rooms" that I know of from
the ArtsEdNet, plus advocacy, art history, artists,
photography, etc. I don't come any where near Judy
Decker's fabulous resources on her web site, but stop and
visit us. I will have the rest of my course descriptions
up next week as well. I still am working on adding more
photos - just not enough hours to organize everything!

Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Visit our High School art Page:

Do You Yahoo!?