Re: HS - no supplies help

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:34:09 PDT

Subject: Re: HS - no supplies help
From: "The Austin's"
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one.
There is no way I would
spend that kind of money buying supplies for my
students, nor would I go to
those lengths to obtain supplies. I would not enable
the school to treat my
department with the flagrant disrespect by not
purchasing needed supplies.

 DITTO on this remark! I was in a similar situation
two years back. Was I furious..I put in the order in
May for the next year..only to come in end of August
with nothing ordered and no supplies. I was furious.
Who is losing? I still get payed no matter what...the
kids lose...which is exactly what I wrote to the
parents in a letter sent home..."these our your
kids..they are losing out!' Wow..what a response I
got! NOt only did they go to the school board to make
public complaints but they pooled together to donate
supplies..wow..strong group. I know this is not always
true for your parents but you never know! It's worth
the effort.
  Jan in Miami