RE: Planning time / Block

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:14:56 PDT

Referring to Jerry's reply on block scheduling: I have to agree with Woody.
Teachers need taught how to teach a little different. There is also a
variety of ways to run block scheduling. My husband is a HS Math teacher and
now does lots of labs to teach the math and show how applicable it is to
life. Learn life and math. My friend Mary teaches social studies and does
projects, she does not lecture much anymore, she facilitates and guess what?
Our standardized test scores are going up. Of course that is another can of
worms, lets not open it.
My new slogan:
Above average standard test scores
Above average teachers