Get an MA in Educational Technology

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 19:25:56 PDT

Hi All,
This is a great program. I graduated from it in July 2001.

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Technology Coordinator

--------------------------------------
Dear Teacher or Educator,

California State University, Sacramento will be accepting
applications for its fourth cohort of its popular online Master's in
Educational Technology. An orientation meeting and application
deadlines are now available for that program. For information about
the program, visit http://imet.csus.edu and click "About iMET" but
also feel free to explore the classes.

Here are some basic details and information. Please email Professor
Mike Menchaca at chaka@csus.edu if you are interested in being added
to the iMET interest list or have further questions.

The program will be conducting one face-to-face and one online
orientation session next week. The face-to-face orientation will be
held on September 11 at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until all
questions are asked! The orientation will be held at the Sacramento
County Office of Education, 9738 Lincoln Village Drive, Sacramento,
CA 95827-3399. From Hwy 50, take the Bradshaw Exit and head South.
Make a left on Lincoln Village Drive and the County Office is half a
block on the Right.

The program will be conducting its online session on September 13 at
5:30 p.m. It will be held at TappedIn, the same system where the
program holds online classes. I encourage you to try out the
interface before the meeting. It can be accessed at:
http://www.tappedin.org. Just click on GUEST for guest access. On the
evening of the orientation, once you have logged on as a guest, type
"/join mikem" and you will be transported to the meeting room. Let
Mike know if you have any questions about this procedure. You will
find that TappedIn has a friendly staff available to assist you with
the site. PLEASE NOTE: TappedIn is unavailable due to the blocking of
chat at some school sites. If you are unable to log on, try accessing
from home or a friend's house.

The deadline for postmarking of application materials is October 1.
Please note that this deadline is sooner than other graduate
deadlines required by our University. It is best to have transcripts
as well, but you can submit your application and have transcripts
follow.

You can get further information, including the Paper or Online
Application, at: http://www.csus.edu/rgs/gradstud/Appinfo1.htm. You
can fill out your application online or download the paper format and
send in all of your material at once. The site contains information
about minimum requirements, format, etc.

Thanks for your possible interest!

--Professor Mike Menchaca
   chaka@csus.edu