Where does color pigments come from, exactly???

---------

From: Sherry (lane_c_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:35:47 PDT

Here's a question for you, Judy at Sax!!
I had a classroom teacher ask how to make white paint!! I told her, you
couldn't mix colors together to get white, it is the absence of color -
in pigments... but if your mixing light, it's all the colors.... well
she wants to know what companies use to make their colors!! Where does
red pigment come from and white and blue and, you get the idea!!! If you
have a list of colors and what mineral or chemical or whatever is used
for it that would be great!!
Please guide me in the right direction to find the answers !!
Thanks
Sherry

---