Re: drawing curriculum

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 21:08:16 PDT

Hi, Marcia,

I have a course like that. I do think finished drawings are important
because they are the evidence that the students have understood and can
utilize what I've taught them. I'm not totally sure what you mean by
technique. A drawing professor at IAIA in Santa Fe lamented once that
her students come with little or no real drawing skills. They were
probably taught by HS teachers who themselves were never taught to draw
(like me!), and who don't really teach it either. That's when I redid
my curric and started focusing on skills.

Maggie

Mbhirst@aol.com wrote:

> Do any of you have a one semester, high school, drawing curriculum
> that you
> would share? What is your focus? Do you think "finished" drawings are
> important? How much technique do you teach?
> Thanks for your input,

---