YAY!! and mural question

---------

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:26:19 PDT

First off,
YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Artsednet, absent for almost a month now, is back!! Reading over today's posts, it seems maybe many of you have been connected for a while? Maybe it's because I subscribe to the digest..
At any rate, I have a question I know could be answered from the archives. However, since they seem to be experiencing technical difficulties, anyone who could answer my question would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking to do a couple of murals as a class project, but would like to do them on plywood or whatever, then mount them, as opposed to painting directly on the wall. I want any general info, such as, what to prime the wood with, what type of wood or board to use, how to mount (into cinder block or drywall),how to avoid warpage, and any tips on producing an appropriate, successful group mural with secondary, inner-city students. Thanks - I'm so glad you're back!!!! :-)

---