Re: planning time

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 14:49:56 PDT

I am a year round middle school teacher, which I have
explained on the list before. Because I have groups
of kids who take time off, my planning time takes
place during the period or periods in which they are
not in school. Every three weeks, my planning period
changes. Most of the time I have two 45 minute periods
a day, one in which I also eat lunch. Unfortunately, I
only have one class which belongs to "track 2" this
semester, which gives my only one planning period when
they are out of school, in which I take lunch. This is
the third week Track 2 has been out, and it has been
really tough only having 220 minutes a week to myself.
I inhale my food at the computer- forget time to heat
anything up. Luckily they "track back in" Monday, and
another group tracks out, leaving me with two open
class periods. When track four is tracked out, I have
three 45 minute periods a day to plan, and it is
bliss.
I cannot beleive that some of you out there are trying
to operate on 200 planning minutes a week. I would be
insane.

Jayna