Re: contour drawing for 6th grade

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 06:57:13 PDT

Just got a book called _Hooked on Drawing_...
one of the exercises called "Drawing from a Bag" might be
just the thing. A friend of mine used this or a similar technique for
a summer program she ran... Collect varied objects from around
the house that will fit in a paper bag. Students may not look in the
bag or take objects out. Draw the object based on how it feels...
then students trade bags... like a different sort of blind contour?
...using senses other than the eyes, exploring texture, forming mental
pictures.... Next time, have them draw the objects while looking at
them, and then compare...
The book's author is Sandy Brooke.
Deborah

In a message dated 09/04/01 5:42:49 Central Daylight Time, RobinMCP@aol.com
writes:

> ? I'm looking for
> good ideas for contour drawing for my 6th graders. Any thoughts?

---